Krav Maga Oxford: Is Krav Maga for me
“Think Crossfit meets the MMA with guns, knives and multiple attackers – think Krav Maga Oxford…”
Krav Maga Oxford’s no nonsense approach to training is perfect for some, not so much for others. The surefire way to find out is to come give it a try.
You’ll love Krav Maga Oxford if:
- you enjoy challenging yourself physically and mentally
- you want to learn self-defence skills that work now rather in 10 years time
- you enjoy training hard with like minded people and don’t mind occasional bumps and bruises
- you value practicality over flashy techniques – krav maga techniques have been proven over 70 plus years frontline work – why make them more complex
- You want to push your self against a recognised national curriculum
- You hold your self to a high standard – gradings in Krav Maga are tough high-intensity events lasting 4 or more hours constant training and fighting. A Level 1 Krav Maga grading is tougher than most Blackbelt gradings -that’s feed back from multiple students who already hold a Black Belt going for their first Krav Maga grading.
Krav Maga Oxford wont be for you if:
- you don’t enjoy high intensity training
- you are looking for gentle exercise or gentle recreational type martial arts
- you are looking for a traditional art with emphasise on traditional weapons, forms or self development
- you are looking for a locking or throwing art like aikido
- you have major joint problems – Krav Maga is high impact and fast moving
- You want to compete – there are no competitions and ‘sparring’ is usually 2 or more on to one with weapons
- You have a highly physical job – Krav Maga training is high intensity, if you already have a heavy physical job training may simply be to much
Krav Maga Oxford: Do I need previous experience to start
Not really. You’ll start out by learning basics such as movement, striking, how to fall on a concrete and get up safely, and then basic defenses against common attacks. In addition to learning how to deal with an attack, you will train to perform better under stress and learn awareness and prevention techniques that will help keep you from getting into problematic situations.
After mastering the basics, advanced students will train to deal with multiple simultaneous attackers, weapons, complicated situations, and learn advanced combative and weapon techniques (standing up or on the ground).
Krav Maga Oxford: What does Krav Maga offer me
The benefits Krav Maga offers break down into two main groups, fitness benefits and self protection.
From a fitness perspective:
Krav Maga’s major benefit is that people who start tend to stick with it. In the 2013 British Krav Maga members survey, over 90% of members were still training after four months, and over 75% of members were still training after six months. Compared to average gym memberships these figures stand out because the major gym rates have attrition rates of over 59% in the first 4 weeks and a staggering 80% will have dropped out within 12 weeks.
Compared to average gym memberships these figures stand out because the major gym rates have attrition rates of over 59% in the first 4 weeks and a staggering 80% will have dropped out within 12 weeks.
The nature and intensity of Krav Maga training are different too. Krav Maga training focuses on
Krav Maga training focuses on High Intensity training delivered in a group using large groups of muscles doing multi joint compound movements – it’s military fitness and a level of performance unmatched by the machines in the gym.
Krav Maga Oxford :Unparralled Self Defence Training
Krav Maga’s pedigree is unmatched in the martial arts industry. Krav Maga’s dominance in the practical self-defence market remains unchallenged and with good reason.
As a practical system of self-defence, there is nothing else that comes close. For proven practical training that is fast to learn and actually works there are few alternatives. Whether it’s simple self-defence or something more specialised Krav Maga has proven systems and techniques in place that actually work and can be tested.
How can I get started at Krav maga Oxford
Contact Wayne Bailey who teaches at Krav Maga Oxford.
Wayne will offer you a Trial Class to come see if Krav Maga is for you.